Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So after changing the layout and background and title and description about a bajillion times I have finally decided on something that is somewhat visually appealing for my first blog. Typical, right? Anyways, I can't even fathom that I will be living my long-time dreams in T-48 hours! An eight week endeavor to Spain (and a few other countries) with valiant intentions of becoming a more fluent Spanish speaker, finally immersing myself in a centuries-old cultures, plans to meet lots of new friends and of course have a whole lot of fun.


I (completely) over-packed on Sunday, un-packed and re-packed yesterday (managing to eliminate about 2 piles of clothes), and added a few more small items today, including just one more pair of shoes...how am I supposed to live off of 3 pairs of shoes for 8 weeks?! I just needed to add the 4th pair. I also ventured to the UW-Bookstore to pick out some gifts for my host-family. After roaming the store for about an hour and calling up my little sis for some advice, I finally decided on a nice Wisconsin beer glass and an aerial photo poster of Madison. I have quite an issue with making decisions if you haven't noticed.

One suitcase and one back pack...yikes! Had to pack pretty tightly!

Besides packing, my imagination has been going crazy thinking about the adventures that this study abroad trip will bring. My program has not given me many details about who my host family is, where I will be living, or even what to expect during the first couple days in Spain, so I have gone through every possible living situation in my head keeping myself prepared for anything! haha The last few things that I need to accomplish before I depart are: 1. teach one more group fitness class (which my Dad will get to experience for the first time! Woohoo!) 2. get my haircut 3. last minute Target run for an energy converter, travel shampoos, etc. 4. spend some quality time with my sister (I will miss our beach days together this summer!!) and 5. a home cooked meal by the best cook in the world (Thanks Mom!)

I truly can't believe this day is so close! I will be sure to check that I have my passport about a million times between now and Thursday morning and then check once more just to be positive. Hope everyone has a great summer here in the States! As for me, I'm off to Toledo, España! ¡Hasta luego!


Last night out with the roomies! Kelsey (far right) will be my travel buddy on this trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment